Employee Handbook Development
“Beyond Rules & Policies”
Are there disputes arising from ambiguity of information in the handbook? Do your employees see the employee handbook as a mere formality? Was there a strategic intent in developing the handbook?
Many organizations fail to realize that in addition to outlining statutory & regulatory requirements and standards, the handbook also presents the organization with a stepping stone to share the organization’s vision, mission & values. This can then be expanded to include critical information for the development of their careers.
We partner organizations to develop their employee handbook at three levels:
1) Statutory and regulatory compliance
2) Market benchmark and positioning
3) Alignment of the organization’s key strategies and goals
- Provides a starting point for strategic alignment of required employee’s behaviour with organization goals
- Well-managed employee expectations result in lesser workplace conflicts and disputes
- For organizations where workplace safety is a vital element, clearly defined safety and security policies will decrease risks of workplace accidents