Job Structure & Evaluation
“A Building Block Towards Effective Talent Management”
Is employee compensation a frequently raised issue? Are workplace conflicts arising due to the lack of clear job roles & responsibilities? A job structure includes well-defined roles & responsibilities and required knowledge, skills and experience for each job within the organization.
Be it a SME that has grown rapidly over the years and consequently adding new jobs and positions or an established MNC going through a global standardization or post M&A integration, a comprehensive job structure is integral to the organization’s talent management framework. It will impact decisions on recruitment, internal alignment of compensation & benefits, internal job comparisons and help set & manage expectations.
- Provides the platform for developing a compensation & benefits structure
- Provides foundation for individual performance management
- Complements the organization’s career development system
- An unclear structure resulting in ambiguity, confusion and often a lack of accountability thereby lowering organization efficiency and productivity
- Poor hiring decisions due to lack of clearly defined job roles
- Increased employee turnover due to inequality of responsibilities between jobs